Friday, March 12, 2010

Love

Practicing yoga often feels like love to me. It feels like an offering of love to myself, those I love, and the world around me.

This morning I attended Jami Larson's yoga class at Flow Yoga in Salt Lake City. It always amazes me how a yoga class seems to give you exactly what you need. Do we tune in to what is true for us?

This past fall I realized I had been avoiding pinchamayurasana. Guess what? It started showing up in almost every class I attended. It actually started to make me laugh. Now that I've stopped avoiding it I am more comfortable with it presenting itself. I've even started practicing it at home.

Today, before class, I was feeling lonely. I was really craving love. I arrived at class, unrolled my mat, and took a seat.

As class began I remembered that my practice was an act of loving myself. And now, I have more love for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment