Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Live Imperfectly

About a week ago I pulled a card out from one of my favorite creativity authors, SARK, it said, "Love Imperfectly."  This advice arrived at a time when I was quite frustrated with my significant other.  I'm sure most of you can relate to being frustrated with your significant other at one time or another.  This time it had to do with us having different perceptions on heating the house with wood (only wood).  I don't need to elaborate for you to understand that we both felt like we were giving it our all and we each struggled to understand the other's perspective.

The advice on the back of the card is - "Make Lots of Mistakes."  "Be Willing to Live Between Right & Wrong."

Fast Forward a week.  I'm teaching yoga.  The only way I can teach is Imperfectly.  So that is what I do.  I Make Lots of Mistakes.  The challenge is being okay with the mistakes, moving forward anyway, and learning from myself and others as we move forward together.

My challenge to each of you is to Live Imperfectly.  Make Lots of Mistakes.  This is how we learn.  We try things.  We try other things.  We try again.  We stumble.  We say the wrong thing.  We fall.  Somewhere along the way we learn that living imperfectly is the perfectly imperfect way to live. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post and it's theme I'm also incorporating in my life.

    ReplyDelete