Tuesday, November 1, 2011

To be your best self

I have a personal manifesto posted on the bulletin board in my office.  I got the idea from my sister and she got it from one of her college professors.  Included in my personal manifesto is:   

Do your best.  Keep making your best better.
A student came up to me after class yesterday and said, "You're a great teacher, Angela.  Stop apologizing."  Stop apologizing.  It hurt a little.  Not the feedback but the reflection that I was a person that was essentially apologizing for my offering.  Was I not offering my best?  I was.  So why the need to apologize?   

I attempted to bring the light of awareness to understand my habit of apologizing for an awkward transition or including abs or not including abs or being detailed enough in the alignment or not practicing enough myself.  The truth is. . . if I am offering my best there is nothing to apologize for.  

Stop apologizing.  Do your best.  It is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment